10.29.2009

~my heart in 3 pieces~

Yes. I've clearly not been faithful to this blogging business. However, I found this draft of a post that never finished before I left and I just wanted to put it up for a few select people in my life.....


Last worked on Sept 9th 2009:
With all this going to Korea business people are always asking me if I'm scared or nervous. Legitimate enough question indeed. Yes, I know that I'm going to be immersed in a completely different culture that I know little to nothing about. Yes, I realize that things will be difficult for me at times...probably many times. Yes, I realize that my *keen* sense of direction which gets me lost in my own country will undoubtedly fail me in a foreign land. However, chalk it up to my highly optimistic nature, my perceived invincibility factor or even my naivety -I'm not scared, nervous, nor apprehensive in the least. It's because I know that the hardest part for me will not be adjusting to the new food, language, culture and lifestyle that I'm about to experience. I'm highly adaptable and enjoy new situations so no worries there. No, the hardest part will most definitely be leaving the 3 people who have made my life here at home so fun-filled and absolutely wonderful. Many say college holds the best years of your life. Since i've now had a seasoned 22 of them today- happy birthday to me- I believe I can concur to that and it's all thanks to three beautiful women: EAISHA JOHNSON, MARDEZ DESMOND & ASHLEY 'RED' CALDWELL. We've done it all- from breaking into St. John's arena to sleep on gymnastic mats when we were homeless, to smuggling peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to our track meets in order to save our meal money, to killing spiders for...well, me...when I run naked screaming out of the shower! LMBO! I'm letting the world know now, no matter where I go, who I meet, or what experience God blesses me with, these three will ALWAYS be my VERY BESTIES!

Now that I'm here I can confirm that these three girls are DEFINITELY what I miss the most about the USA. (along with Pineapple Orange Banana juice, Twizzlers, Enchilladas, Dreylese African Restaurant and hair care products). And Yes MarDez, You guys alone are enough incentive for me to come back! I love you Ladies with my heart! See you soon!!!! =)


1 comment:

  1. okay- so yeah you have been slacking on the bloggin.. but it is quite alright because you put sweet pictures up on facebook.----on another note. although your heart is in 3 pieces: those pieces will be put back together. in due time. i wouldnt sleep on those st. johns gymnastics mat with any other person! im pretty sure no one else would be down....

    ReplyDelete